Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Poo-Free Challenge Week 1 Update


First poo-free washes with NJ well water and minimal humidity:
6/14/12 – I had a hard time applying both “shampoo” and “conditioner”. Hopefully it will be easier with my honey bottles back home. Oddly enough, I didn't find the lack of lather all that disconcerting. I'm attributing this to the fact my mother's shower has no water pressure so not having to fight the battle of rinsing shampoo or conditioner out of my hair was a blessing. I think I might have splashed some of the baking soda mixture on more then just my ends because my hair seems a little dry. Hard to tell when it's still drying, though.


6/16/12 – Hair still wasn't greasy but I washed it because I had terrible bandana hair. Seems like my hair is less fluffy then I'm use to. My scalp has been itchy and my hair seems dry. Definitely need to adjust the ratio of baking soda to vinegar. I put product in my hair after this washing (biosilk oil and Privé curl crème) so i'll be interested to see how well they wash out during my next shampoo.

First poo-free wash at home with Martin County water and tropical climate:

6/18/12 – Used a new batch of shampoo (same ratio of baking soda) but I doubled up on the vinegar in the conditioner. The product definitely didn't wash out all the way.  I won't be using any curl product for the remainder of this challenge since it didn't wash out easily and my hair hasn't curled like it use to with store bought shampoo and conditioner.  On the plus side, my honey containers definitely made application easier and I found I was able to use less.

*Side note:  I talked to a group of people at work about this 30 day challenge and they are interested in trying it!  It seems as though most people are unhappy with their hair and underwhelmed with their current hair care products.

No comments:

Post a Comment