Monday, September 7, 2015

Labor(-less) Day

Fuck responsibility.  Fuck obligation.  Today is for me.

Today I am only doing things I want to do. 

Today I am going to have a beer with my morning oatmeal just because I can.  

I am going to lay outside and enjoy the fleeting sunshine and watch the storm clouds roll in.  I am going to enjoy the rain drops on my face and the rumble of thunder in the distance.  When I've gotten my fill of feeling the rain, I am going to go inside and drip dry all over my clean floor.  

I will crank up Coffee House on Sirius and make a shit ton of candles to make up for lost time.  

My lunch is going to consist of an orange and a hersey bar because that's what I feel like eating.  

I am going to read for pleasure instead of doing my chemistry homework.  I'm not going to let my uncharacteristic procrastination drag me down.  

I am going to chain watch Revenge on Netflix.  

I am going to cook myself an extravagant dinner covered in cheese that my stomach will hate me for later.

I might go for a run in the rain or maybe I won't exercise at all today.  

Maybe I will shave my legs or paint my toes.  
Maybe I won't shower at all.  
Maybe I will pretty myself up and go watch the free movie over at Blue Door.  
Maybe I won't leave the house at all today.

When I finally tire of doing all the things I want to do today I will crawl into my clean white sheets and dream of living more days like this.  

Life is too short to get bogged down by responsibility. Today is the day to make a change.  Your greatest responsibility to yourself should be finding happiness.  All the rest is bullshit.

No comments:

Post a Comment