Monday, September 24, 2012

Oily-Face Challenge Week 4 Update and Conclusion

Week 4 left me utterly confused! By the end of week 3 my face was so greasy I could have fried chicken with the ooze coming out of my pores.  By midweek of week 4 my face was so dry it was literally flaking off my face.  I broke down and used St. Ives apricot scrub and Adam's face lotion on my face one night during my final week.  In my defense, you wouldn't have wanted my face flakes in your operative site now would you?!  I didn't think so!  I couldn't handle my face leaving dandruff on my scrub top. Thankfully, that small exfoliation was enough to re-balance whatever the hell was going on with my face.  



Here are before, during, and after photos of my skin during the Oily-Face Challenge!!

Before:


Oh the HORROR!!
During:

Week 3 Heinousness:


Check out that grossness!!
Challenge end:


 Conclusions:
The whole Oil Cleansing Method has left me apathetic.  After consulting the before and after photos I cannot see a noticeable difference in my skin.  I'm having a hard time justifying the time, effort, and mess to continue this face washing routine.  Because I can't stand to waste, I will no doubt use up all the remaining oil I have, though I don't see myself buying more. I will post another update after I've finished off my oil, probably in another 2-3 weeks.  Maybe I just need more time to decide how I feel about it.  This cleansing method left my face feeling bumpy at times and throughout the challenge I was dying to exfoliate.  I intend to look up a homemade exfoliating face wash recipe which I plan on using once a week.

On a hippier and happier note I have tested out some hippie homemade house stuff that I can't wait to share with y'all.  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment