Thursday, September 6, 2012

Oily Face Challenge Week 2

I'd like to be able to say that I kept a daily log of my face washing experience this week but that would be a total lie.  In fact, I didn't jot down a single thing.  So.... This week's update is going to be a weak one.  I am still using the same formulation from last week:

1/3 castor oil to 2/3 apricot kernel oil


I have been switching wash cloth types every other day.  So, half the time I'm using microfiber and the other half lap sponges.  I'm finding that it works out nicely.  Some observations I've made so far are:
  • I have been getting a few blemishes here and there. Little bitty white heads that scratch right off and disappear damn near immediately.  No giant monsters!! Yay!
  • I am getting a slight dry patch of skin between my eyes, right above the bridge of my nose.  I wonder if when I run out of this current formulation if I should decrease the castor oil?  Or better yet cool down the water a bit?
  • I can't seem to bring myself to smear the oil all down my neck.  It appears that the majority of my blemishes have migrated down that way since I started the challenge.  Week 3 I will definitely start slathering my neck as well.
This week overall yielded the same results as the first.  My research suggests that the worst is yet to come.  Some sort of detoxification process.  After the poo-free challenge I wouldn't be surprised if that turned out to be true.  Whether my face explodes or not, I'm ready for Week 3!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment