Sunday, September 15, 2013

Introducing the NEW Happy Hippie Homestead!

The biggest obstacle I've found in this whole blogging process is finding the time to write about the things I'm passionate about, when I'm really feeling passionate about them.  That and remembering to take photographs to go along with my future blog posts.  This post is a perfect example of me trying to post chronologically even though I have two other posts I'm feeling more passionate about right at this moment.

Anywhooooo...

We have moved!  


After at least a month of limbo, living out of boxes, and some crazy busy weekends trying to make our new house a home, we have finally settled in.  We didn't move far.  Probably about a mile as the crow flies or about 3 miles by car.  

The best parts about our new place are:

  1. We are now homeowners so we can do whatever we please with the place
  2. It is nestled in a quiet old florida family neighborhood
  3. The house is the 3rd house from the end of a dead-end street so the boys can play in the street without getting run over
  4. It has a 3rd bedroom so we no longer need the Goodwill pullout couch
  5. It has a central vacuum which is the best invention ever!
  6. It is on a half acre which means our back yard is big enough for playing baseball, soccer, having chickens and building a mac daddy compost pile
    compost in progress!
  7. We got a ride on lawn mower which is a super fun toy!
    I figured I should introduce myself to the neighbors in my Sunday best!
  8.  Coming soon I will have a designated area devoted just to crafting!!
  9. The cat box is no longer in the linen closet! Hooray!
So, just to recap, we are super thrilled to be on this new adventure and after two weeks of living here we are completely unpacked and settled in.  We still have a mighty to-do list but it is quickly being accomplished by two very type-A hippies! 

Here are some action shots of all our hard work thus far.

Adam doing a great job accomplishing all his tasks:
installing ceiling fans

replacing kitchen faucet
 And then there are my contributions:
me damaging a door while "helping" take doors off the laundry room cabinets

me learning the hell that is drywall anchors.  I'm pretty sure the stud won

My attempt at hanging a bar in the laundry room level
 
So, I may not be very handy, but I look damn good on a tractor with rain boots on, don't I?



***Next up, super inexpensive crafts I've finally accomplished and how awesome they turned out!  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment