Monday, October 21, 2013

Mel Smells 3 Week Update

For the last two years, Adam and I have gone on a long weekend camping trip (click the link to see my post about last years trip) to celebrate his birthday.  That's what we did last weekend.  Three glorious days and nights in grungy hippie splendor.  Imagine my excitement to be able to bring along a completely chemical-free earth-friendly deodorant!  


Yes, well, it's stench fighting powers were put to the ultimate test and it didn't end well.  The major (and stupidly unforeseen) problem was the fact that it was hot out.  Mid-80s to 90s during the day.  This caused the coconut oil based deodorant to separate.  

Yum.  

My genius solution to that was to store it in the cooler.  

Awesome.  

Then, I was left with a non-functional ice cube. 

Ok, no biggie.

Just set it out to thaw a few minutes before you want to apply.  

Yea...

Try to remember to do that every night before bed!  

Uh huh.  

As you can imagine, it didn't always (really ever) happen like that.  

Compound the half-assed application schedule with me not showering for three days and you've got yourself an extremely smelly Mellie.  We spent our days biking, walking, and canoeing and then I decided to take a nice 2.25 mile run.  Not even Adam could sniff me without making a face.

Needless to say, when Sunday rolled around, I was happy to take a good long shower and apply the homemade deodorant that stayed home for the weekend.  You'll be happy to know that I am now back to smelling like a tropical island.

No comments:

Post a Comment