Tuesday, August 23, 2016

8/22-8/23

8/22 -- Fail!

Not even a week into this challenge and I've already managed to let life get in the way.  Yesterday was my first day back to work after vacation and then I met up with friends to play Cards Against Humanity until long past my bedtime.  I chose social activities over writing and I missed a day.  It sucks but I'm going to try not to beat myself up over it.

Moving on....



8/23

For all the fear associated with it, love is a pretty amazing emotion.  There are a million different incarnations, a million different ways of expressing it.  Every person has an inexhaustible supply if they are brave enough to share it.  No matter how many people you love -- family, friends, lovers, you don't love anyone less just because another person is added to the mix.  Love can buoy you when you're feeling down and out.  It can remind you that you are worthy of the same love in return.  It can be scary and overwhelming.  Sometimes love shoots out our eyes like laser beams without our consent.  We end up broadcasting our feelings before we are ready.  It can leave you feeling exposed.  It just goes to show that your heart will always trump your mind games in the end.  You can try to hide it or fight it, or attempt to ignore it but love will find a way to manifest itself anyway.  Love wins and when we relax enough to embrace it, so will we.

No comments:

Post a Comment